King Crimson - Three Of A Perfect Pair
Having released two albums in a nine month period between October 1981 and July 1982, “Three of a Perfect Pair” is the final part of the recorded trilogy begun with “Discipline” and “Beat”. Originally released in April 1984, from the pointillist minimalism of the title track through to the urgent rush of ‘Sleepless’ and the album’s closer ‘Larks’ Tongues in Aspic III’ - the only reference to the 1970s incarnations of the band – Crimson’s distinctive mixture of rock, electronica, funk and pure pop songs, ensured the group’s status as one of the most interesting and innovative bands
of the decade.
Following the release of the album, the band embarked on a tour of Japan and from there America and Canada. At the completion of the last date in July 1984, Fripp, Bruford, Levin and Belew went their separate ways to pursue their respective solo commitments. King Crimson would reconvene in the
mid- 1990s with a double trio line-up featuring all of the 1980s band members, while the band’s current line-up (2014 – present) features both Robert Fripp and Tony Levin from the 1980s band.
King Crimson’s final album of the 1980s is augmented with extra tracks newly mixed for the 2016 edition on CD.
As with other albums in the King Crimson CD/DVD-A series, the stereo CD features a new stereo mix by Robert Fripp and Steven Wilson plus additional tracks, while the DVD-A features 5.1 mixes of the album by Steven Wilson and high resolution stereo mixes of the original and new stereo mixes. Additionally, the original album bonus tracks from the 30th anniversary CD are included as is the promo film for ‘Sleepless’, a song originally released as 12” single which became an unlikely hit on the New York dance scene of the time.
• TOAPP – is the twelfth release in the acclaimed King Crimson 40th anniversary series.
• The classic album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson & is fully approved by Crimson founder Robert Fripp.
• CD features a completely new stereo album mix by Robert Fripp & Steven Wilson.
• CD also features additional studio tracks mixed by Robert Fripp & Steven Wilson.
• DVD-A (compatible with all DVD players & DVD Rom players) features a 5.1 DTS Mix and High Resolution Stereo mixes.
• DVD-A players can, additionally, access a 5.1 Lossless audio mix and Lossless Stereo mixes.
• DVD-A features both the original album mix & the new album mix in High Resolution stereo
• DVD-A also features the additional tracks (called Other Side) from the 30th anniversary edition CD.
• DVD-A also includes new additional tracks as featured on the 2016 CD.
• DVD-A includes promo film for ‘Sleepless’ single.
• Presented as a 2 x digi-pack format in a slipcase with new sleeve notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith along with rare photos & archive material.