Bill Nelson’s Red Noise: Art/Empire/Industry – The Complete Red Noise - 4CD/2DVD
• A NEW SIX DISC BOXED SET OF THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS MADE BY BILL NELSON’S RED NOISE – COMPRISING FOUR CDs AND TWO DVDs (NTSC/REGION FREE).
• FEATURING A NEWLY REMASTERED EDITION OF THE ALBUM ‘SOUND ON SOUND’, ALONG WITH NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND AND NEW STEREO MIXES BY STEPHEN W TAYLER.
• INCLUDES A PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED CONCERT RECORDED IN LEICESTER IN FEBRUARY 1979 NEWLY MIXED FROM THE ORIGINAL MULTI-TRACK TAPES, PLUS BILL NELSON’S HOME DEMOS, ADDITIONAL SESSION TRACKS AND A BBC RADIO SESSION FROM 1979.
• WITH BONUS VIDEO CONTENT OF THE PROMOTIONAL VIDEO OF ‘REVOLT INTO STYLE’ AND A SESSION FILMED FOR BBC TV’S OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST IN 1979.
• INCLUDES A LAVISHLY-ILLUSTRATED BOOK WITH EXTENSIVE ESSAY BY BILL NELSON AND A FOREWORD BY STEVEN WILSON, A FACSIMILE TOUR PROGRAMME, POSTER AND FOUR POSTCARDS.
Following the release of the album ‘Drastic Plastic’ and tour, Bill Nelson disbanded Be Bop Deluxe. Aware of the emergence of the New Wave artists and out of a desire to continually evolve, he announced the formation of Red Noise.
Working with co-producer John Leckie, Bill recorded a new wave masterpiece, a record that would influence a new generation of musicians with its intelligent and punchy material. ‘Sound On Sound’ and the subsequent live shows would divide opinion of both fans and critics, but with the passage of time, the album is now regarded as one of Bill Nelson’s finest works.
This boxed set features the complete Red Noise recordings; the original album newly remastered from the original master tapes, along with stunning new stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound mixes.
The set also includes an outstanding complete live concert recorded in Leicester in 1979, newly mixed from the original 24-track tapes, a session recorded for BBC Radio One and a further Red Noise studio session from May 1979 plus a bonus CD of Bill Nelson’s home demos. The set also includes video material, including the video for ‘Revolt Into Style’ and the band’s session for the BBC TV show The Old Grey Whistle Test from February 1979.